Receding Gums in Midtown Manhattan
Gingival recession also known as receding gums in Midtown Manhattan can be described the gum tissue surrounding teeth beginning to wear away or pulling back or exposing larger than normal portion of the tooth or its root. Untreated receding gums in Midtown Manhattan can damage jaw bone structure and supporting tissue of the tooth, which can also ultimately lead to loss of the tooth.
Gum recession is a common dental health issue and most people who have receding gums do not realise it as it usually happens slowly and gradually. Tooth sensitivity or your tooth appearing longer than usual can be the first signs of receding gums in Midtown Manhattan. Gum recession should not be ignored, and you should schedule an appointment with your doctor at the earliest upon suspecting or noticing receding gums in Midtown Manhattan.
Reasons for Receding Gums in Midtown Manhattan.
Some of the reasons for gum recession may include:
- Gum infection and periodontal disease can result in damage and destruction of gum tissue causing gum recession.
- Aggressive brushing can lead to erosion of dental enamel and gum recession.
- Inadequate dental care such as not brushing and flossing properly, rinsing your mouth with an antibacterial mouthwash and skipping dental check-ups can also lead to gum recession due to an increased probability of dental and gum disease.
- Genetics and hormonal changes such as menopause and pregnancy can also cause gum recession.
- Grinding or clenching your teeth can put pressure on your teeth and cause your gums to recede.
- Crooked teeth and a misaligned bite can cause too much force coming on the gums while chewing, biting and eating leading to gum recession.
How to Treat Receding Gums in Manhattan.
You can treat gum recession with the help of the following dental treatments:
- Open Flap Scaling and Root Planning: It involves the removal of harmful bacteria in the pockets of your gums tissue by folding back the affect gum tissue. This is followed by securing the gum tissue over the root of the tooth.
- Regeneration: Your dentist can opt to regenerate lost bone and gum tissue using tissue-stimulating protein, graft tissue or membrane. This regenerative material is placed on the gum tissue and secured over the root of the tooth.
In case you are experiencing receding Gums in Midtown Manhattan, schedule an appointment with your Midtown Manhattan Dentist right away.