Infection control has always been a top priority for our Midtown Manhattan dentist practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable.
During the coronavirus (COVID-19) health emergency and reopening period, our Midtown Manhattan dental office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
As the result, you may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our clinical staff have been tested for COVID-19 antibodies.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- When you come in, we will take your temperature to make sure you are healthy.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- During treatment, you will notice that we use a HEPA air filtration system and negative pressure mouth piece to keep breathing air healthy and minimize aerosols.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our Midtown Manhattan dental office.